Frolic KYC: A Detailed Guide
What is KYC?
KYC refers to Know Your Customer. It is necessary process to identify and verify the identity of a customer.
Is KYC verification necessary to join tournaments and play battles on Frolic?
No. KYC is not necessary for joining tournaments on Frolic.
Which documents do I need to submit to complete the KYC process?
To complete your KYC, you need the below-mentioned things:
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar linked with the phone number for verification
- PAN Card
How do I complete my KYC on Frolic?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the KYC:
- Open your Frolic App
- Go to the Menu
- Click on the Wallet
- Click on Withdraw
- Click on Start KYC
- Verify your email address
- Enter your Aadhar Card linked number and complete OTP verification
- Upload the real photo of your PAN card
- Click and upload a live Selfie Photo
- Click Submit
Why do I need to complete my KYC on Frolic for withdrawals?
Frolic is a gaming platform where you can legally win real cash by playing games. The withdrawals done in Frolic include transferring money from your Frolic account to your linked bank account. Therefore KYC is necessary as proof of identity. Moreover, it helps to ensure safe and secure transactions.
Why is my KYC still pending?
Usually, the KYC documents are instantly verified. However, if our system detects any issue or difference with the details of the submitted documents or the live selfie image, then KYC is manually verified. Manual verification might take up to 24-48 hours. To get an update on your KYC status, you can write us at email@example.com.
How will I know if my KYC is verified or not?
You can check your KYC status on the ‘Wallet’ page, under the ‘Withdrawal’ section. If your KYC is completed, it will show ‘Verified.’ However, your KYC will be updated within 24-48 hours if it is under manual verification.
Do I have to complete the KYC verifications before I add money?
No. You can directly deposit money into your Frolic wallet. However, to ensure safe and secure transactions, you must complete KYC verification before adding money.
What to do when I get this error - “Name does not match with PAN details?”
If the app shows an error as “Name does not match with the PAN details,” it is an external issue. It means that the name on the PAN card is different from that on the Government Authorised database. You can verify this issue on the Government website by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Log in to the ‘e-Filing’ portal.
- Click on the ‘Quick Links’ section.
- Click on the ‘Verify Your PAN Details.’
- Enter the Full Name as present on the PAN card.
- Enter Date of Birth.
- Choose the ‘Status’ as applicable.
- If it shows a name mismatch, please visit the Government-approved centre to update the correct name on your PAN card.
Why was my KYC rejected?
There are various reasons why your KYC could be rejected. Below mentioned are some of the reasons.
- PAN card details are unclear.
- PAN card name mismatch.
- You have shared a digital copy of your PAN Card (screenshot).
- The selfie photo was not captured live.
- Mismatch of the selfie photo with the submitted documents.
- Documents submitted are of ‘Minor’, i.e. below 18 years old.
- Mismatch of Aadhar card and PAN card details.
- The name mentioned in the profile is different from the name in the documents.