IPL 2023 Match 36: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Prediction, Playing 11, Top Players, Fantasy Team and Weather and Pitch Report
The 36th match of the IPL 2023 season, featuring the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders, is anticipated to be a highly competitive game, given the strength of both teams in the league. The coin toss is scheduled for 7:00 PM, thirty minutes before the match commences. This match holds great importance for the playoff chances of both teams, and they are equally determined to emerge victorious. Frolic11 experts predict a challenging and intense encounter between these two exceptional teams.
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 36th Match of IPL 2023
- Day: Wednesday
- Date: 26th April 2023
- Time: 07:30 PM IST
- Venue: M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
RCB vs KKR Head-to-Head
RCB and KKR have an unequal record against each other, having played 31 matches in total. Kolkata Knight Rides emerged victorious in 17 matches, while Royal Challenger Bangalore won only 14 times.
RCB vs KKR Last Meeting
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won their match against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by 81 runs in Match 9 of the TATA IPL 2023 at the Eden Gardens. KKR scored a daunting 204/7 with stunning counter-attacking innings from Shardul Thakur, Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Rinku Singh. KKR's spinners, Varun Chakravarthy, Sunil Narine and debutant Suyash Sharma spun a web around RCB batters, bowling them out for 123. Earlier, RCB won the toss and elected to bowl, making one change to the side. KKR too made one change as Venkatesh Iyer replaced Anukul Roy.
In response, RCB started well with Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis providing a quick start. However, KKR's spinners, including Varun Chakravarthy (4/15), Sunil Narine (2/16), and debutant Suyash Sharma (3/30), spun a web around the RCB batters and bowled them out for just 123. Narine dismissed Kohli for 21, while Chakravarthy took the important wickets of Du Plessis, Glenn Maxwell, and Harshal Patel. Suyash Sharma also made an impressive debut, picking up three wickets in a single over, including Anuj Rawat and Dinesh Karthik. With this victory, KKR registered their first win of the season in style. RCB soon collapsed as KKR's spinners picked up wickets at regular intervals. Suyash Sharma picked up three wickets on debut. Chasing 205, RCB reached 50/2 at the end of the Powerplay. KKR's spinners then took charge, and RCB lost their last eight wickets for just 73 runs.
KKR captain Nitish Rana was caught behind off the first ball he faced from Michael Bracewell, who was introduced into the attack post Powerplay. In response, Gurbaz was given out LBW off Shahbaz Ahmed but reviewed it correctly. Willey was brilliant in the first six overs with figures of 3-1-9-2 for RCB.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Predicted Playing 11
Although Royal Challengers Bangalore made their debut in the IPL in 2008, they have yet to win the competition. Despite showing promising performances in 2010, 2015, and 2022, they couldn’t emerge victorious.
Here are the probable Playing 11 of Royal Challengers Bangalore:
1. Virat Kohli
2. Faf du Plessis (C)
3. Mahipal Lomror
4. Glenn Maxwell
5. Shahbaz Ahmed
6. Dinesh Karthik (WK)
7. Anuj Rawat
8. David Willey
9. Karn Sharma
10. Harshal Patel
11. Mohammed Siraj
Kolkata Knight Riders Predicted Playing 11
The Kolkata Knight Riders team has no significant injury concerns. The team has a dedicated group of supporters, and with a relatively stable lineup in 2023, they will persist in their pursuit of winning their championship.
Here are the probable Playing 11 of Kolkata Knight Riders:
1. Nitish Rana (C)
2. Sunil Narine
3. Narayan Jagdeeshan (wk)
4. Jason Roy
5. Andre Russell
6. Venkatesh Iyer
7. Rinku Singh
8. Suyash Sharma
9. Kulwant Khejroliya
10. Varun Chakravarthy
11. Umesh Yadav
Royal Challengers Bangalore Top Players
Here are the stats of the top 5 players of RCB:
Kolkata Knight Riders Top Players
Here are the stats of the top 5 players of KKR:
IPL 2023 Match 36 RCB vs KKR Fantasy Team
1. Virat Kohli
2. Jason Roy
3. Faf Du Plessis (c)
4. Rinku Singh(vc)
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Andre Russell
7. Sunil Narine
8. Nitish Rana
9. Harshal Patel
10. Mohammad Siraj
11. Varun Chakravarthy
Captain: Faf Du Plessis
In 7 matches of the 2023 IPL season, a player has scored 405 runs in 7 innings, with a top score of 84 and 5 half-centuries. His strike rate is 165.31, and he has hit 58 boundaries, including 33 fours and 25 sixes. He leads the race for the Orange Cap in the current IPL season. In his IPL career of 120 matches, he has scored 3707 runs with a strike rate of 133.5, including 29 half-centuries, and hit 468 boundaries, 341 fours, and 127 sixes. Frolic11 experts predict that he will continue his excellent form.
Vice Captain: Rinku Singh
In the 2023 IPL season, Singh has scored 233 runs in 7 innings with a strike rate of 157.43 and an average of 58.25. He has hit 30 boundaries, including 13 fours and 17 sixes. In his IPL career of 24 matches, he has scored 484 runs in 22 innings with a strike rate of 141.9 and an average of 20.16. He has hit 62 boundaries, including 36 fours and 26 sixes, with 2 half-centuries and a highest score of 58. Currently, he is in 12th place for the Orange Cap race in the 2023 IPL season.
Top Picks – Batsmen for IPL 2023 Match 36
1. Virat Kohli: In IPL 2023, Virat Kohli is ranked fourth in the Orange Cap race with 279 runs in six matches, averaging 55.80 and a strike rate of 142.34. He has hit 25 fours and 11 sixes. In his IPL career, Kohli has scored 6788 runs in 226 matches, with five centuries and 46 half-centuries, and a highest score of 113. He has hit 591 fours and 227 sixes in the tournament.
2. Jason Roy: In 16 IPL matches, Jason Roy batted 16 times and scored a total of 433 runs. His highest score in the IPL is 91, and he has not scored a century yet. However, he has managed to score 3 half-centuries and has crossed the 30-run mark on 4 occasions. Jason Roy has a strike rate of 134.8, and his average is 27.06 based on 321 balls faced in IPL. He has hit a total of 64 boundaries, including 49 fours and 15 sixes.
3. Faf Du Plessis: He has played in 120 IPL matches, scoring 3707 runs in 114 innings with a top score of 96. He has 29 half-centuries and scored over 30 runs on 24 occasions with a strike rate of 133.5 and an average of 30.89. Du Plessis has hit 341 fours and 127 sixes, totaling 468 boundaries in his IPL career.
4. Rinku Singh: He has played in 24 IPL matches, scoring 484 runs in 22 innings. He has recorded 2 half-centuries and a highest score of 58, but no centuries yet. Singh has crossed the 30-run mark six times and has a strike rate of 141.9 with an average of 20.16 in IPL. He has hit 62 boundaries, consisting of 36 fours and 26 sixes in his IPL career.
Top Picks – All Rounders for IPL 2023 Match 36
5. Glenn Maxwell: Glenn Maxwell has played 117 IPL matches, scoring 2572 runs in 113 innings. He has 16 half-centuries and a top score of 95, but no centuries yet. Maxwell has also hit 210 fours and 150 sixes in his IPL career, with an average of 21.98 and a strike rate of 156.7. He has taken 29 wickets in 70 innings he bowled in, with an average of 39.79 and a strike rate of 28.48. Maxwell has taken two wickets on five occasions but hasn't taken three wickets in an innings. He has bowled 826 balls, including one maiden over.
6. Andere Russell: In 105 IPL matches, Andre Russell has scored 2142 runs in 89 innings with an average of 20.40 and a strike rate of 175.5. He has hit 144 fours and 183 sixes, including 10 half-centuries and 23 instances of crossing 30 runs. In his IPL career of 93 innings, Russell has taken 92 wickets with an average of 24.42 and a strike rate of 15.88. He has taken 2 wickets on 12 occasions, 3 wickets on 10 occasions, and 5 wickets once.
7. Sunil Narine: In 155 IPL matches, Sunil Narine has batted 93 times and scored 1038 runs with a highest score of 75. He has scored 4 half-centuries and crossed 30 runs 6 times, with a strike rate of 160.6 and an average of 6.69. Narine has hit 177 boundaries, including 113 fours and 64 sixes. With the ball, he has taken 162 wickets in 154 innings with a strike rate of 22.26 and an average of 24.91. He has bowled 3607 balls, including 3 maiden overs, taken 2 wickets 25 times, and 3 wickets on 15 occasions. He has taken 5 wickets once.
8. Nitish Rana: He has participated in 98 IPL matches and has accumulated 2362 runs in 92 innings. His highest score in IPL is 87. Although he has not scored any centuries in IPL, he has managed to score 16 half-centuries, as well as 14 innings of 30+ runs and 19 innings of 20+ runs. Nitish Rana has a strike rate of 134.6 and an average of 24.10 in 1754 IPL deliveries. In his IPL career, he has hit a total of 329 boundaries, including 207 fours and 122 sixes. Nitish Rana has claimed 9 wickets in 19 IPL innings, averaging at 21.55 with a strike rate of 16.77. He has bowled a total of 151 balls in the IPL, with no maiden overs, and has managed to take 2 wickets on three occasions.
Top Picks – Bowler for IPL 2023 Match 36
9. Harshal Patel: Harshal Patel has taken a total of 104 wickets in 81 IPL innings, with a strike rate of 16.25 and an average of 23.13. He has bowled 1691 balls (including 2 maiden overs) and has taken 2 wickets on 20 occasions, 3 wickets 10 times, and 5 wickets 1 time.
10. Mohammad Siraj: In his IPL career, Mohammed Siraj has taken a total of 67 wickets in 70 innings, with a strike rate of 21.70 and an average of 31.20. He has bowled 1454 balls (including 4 maiden overs) and has taken 2 wickets on 16 occasions and 3 wickets 6 times.
11. Varun Chakravarthy: In his IPL career, he has taken 50 wickets in 46 IPL innings, with a strike rate of 21.44 and an average of 25.90. He has bowled 1072 balls (including 1 maiden over) and has taken 2 wickets 9 times, 3 wickets 2 times, and 5 wickets 1 time.
RCB vs KKR Game Prediction
In the ongoing IPL 2023 season, Royal Challengers Bangalore have played seven matches, out of which they have won four and lost three. With eight points, they occupy the 5th position in the points table with the net run rate of -0.008. On the other hand, Kolkata Knight Riders have also participated in seven matches, winning just two and losing five games. With four points they currently hold the 8th position in the points table with an current net run rate of -0.186. Royal Challengers Bangalore have a 55% chance of winning the game and Kolkata Knight Riders have a 45% chance of winning the game as per cricket experts at Frolic11.
Best Batter of the Match
Faf du Plessis: In the seven IPL matches of the 2023 season so far, Faf du Plessis has scored 405 runs in 7 innings, with his highest score being 84. He has also hit five half-centuries, with a strike rate of 165.31 and an average of 67.5. He has hit a total of 58 boundaries, including 33 fours and 25 sixes. As of now, he is currently in the lead for the Orange Cap race of the IPL 2023 season. For these reasons experts at Frolic11 believe that Faf du Plessis might be the best batsman of the match.
Best Bowler of the Match
Mohammed Siraj: So far in IPL 2023, Siraj has played in seven matches and has taken 13 wickets, with his best performance being 4/21. This season, his bowling average stands at 15.38, and his economy rate is 7.4. He is currently leading the race for the Purple Cap in the IPL 2023. For these reasons experts at Frolic11 believe that Mohammed Siraj might be the best bowler of the match.
Match 36: RCB vs KKR Pitch and Weather Report
The most recent match held at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium revealed that it has a pitch that is favourable to bowlers. The stadium is known for its grassy surface that benefits fast bowlers primarily. However, spin bowlers can also take advantage of the pitch conditions. In the early stages of the game, the ball tends to spin a little, providing the fast bowlers with swing and bounce. As the match progresses, the pitch becomes more even, giving batters an opportunity to score runs more easily.
- Initial Ball Movement (1st Inning): High chance
- Initial Spin Movement(1st Inning): High chance of Turn on Pitch
- Middle Over: Scoring and wicket taking pitch
- 2nd Inning Pitch Behaviour: Advantage for spinners
- Due factor: Less chance of Due
- Pitch Nature: Dry Pitch
Despite the reputation of the cricket pitch as being bowler-friendly, batsmen can also reap benefits from it. In afternoon matches, there is a possibility of the ball exhibiting some initial swing and seam movements. Additionally, the pitch tends to favour spin bowlers in the latter part of the game.
As per the weather forecast for April 26th, 2023, Bangalore is likely to experience hot weather with a temperature of 31 degrees Celsius, 11 km/h wind speed, and 44% humidity. The hot weather has resulted in a consistent pitch that favours the batsmen, making it easier for them to score boundaries. However, there is a chance that the ball might move in the air or off the surface during the early stages of the match, which could benefit both bowlers and batsmen. Nonetheless, the weather and pitch conditions may play a vital role in determining the outcome of the game.
Earn Money with Frolic 11
Frolic11 is an online platform for fantasy sports that empowers users to construct their own teams consisting of actual athletes and participate in fantasy games. By joining Frolic11, cricket enthusiasts can leverage their knowledge and skills to create a team and compete with other fans for the opportunity to win cash prizes. In addition to the Indian Premier League (IPL), Frolic11 offers several other events that players can enter. Users of Frolic11 can take advantage of numerous discounts and special offers. Overall, Frolic11 is an app where individuals can engage in fantasy games and receive rewards such as cashback, points, and real cash prizes.
The upcoming match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders is highly anticipated, as both teams are eager to secure two crucial points. Kolkata Knight Riders, currently placed at the eighth position on the IPL 2023 points table, are particularly keen to win this match. Although it is difficult to predict the outcome of the game, our cricket experts at Frolic 11 believe that Royal Challengers Bangalore hold the upper hand and are expected to emerge victorious against Kolkata Knight Riders on Wednesday, April 26th, 2023.
Who will win RCB vs KKR in IPL 2023 Match 36?
Royal Challengers Bangalore have a 55% chance of winning the game and Kolkata Knight Riders have a 45% chance of winning the game as per cricket experts at Frolic11.
Where can I watch IPL 2023 for free?
Indian Premier League 2023 will be live streamed on Jio Cinema app in India.
How can we earn online during the IPL 2023?
By creating your fantasy team on Frolic11 within the Frolic app, you can earn real money daily.
Which players to keep in my fantasy IPL team for RCB vs KKR match 36?
1. Virat Kohli
2. Jason Roy
3. Faf Du Plessis (c)
4. Rinku Singh
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Andre Russell
7. Sunil Narine
8. David Willey
9. Harshal Patel
10. Mohammad Siraj
11. Varun Chakravarthy (vc)
Which is better, RCB or KKR?
Royal Challengers Bangalore have played seven matches, out of which they have won four and lost three. With eight points, they occupy the 5th position in the points table with the net run rate of -0.008.
On the other hand, Kolkata Knight Riders have also participated in seven matches, winning just two and losing five games. With four points they currently hold the 8th position in the points table with an current net run rate of -0.186.
Who has more fan following RCB vs KKR?
Royals Challengers Bangalore got a fan following of 3.52 subscribers on Youtube and on Instagram Royals Challengers Bangalore got over 10.3 millions followers, and on Twitter Royals Challengers Bangalore got 6.5 millions of fan following.
Kolkata Knight Riders got a fan following of 1.16 million subscribers on Youtube and on Instagram Kolkata Knight Riders got over 3.6 million followers and on Twitter Kolkata Knight Riders got 2.5 millions of fan following.